Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Junior High???

I can't believe school has started!! Well at least for Maggie and a majority of the daycare kids. I really can't believe she is in junior high. I definitely had butterflies in my tummy this morning but Maggie seemed to be calm, cool and collected. This is a new thing for us with public school and going to a school where 3 schools merge into one! It will be interesting the next few weeks....

She needed one last look in the mirror before heading off.
I told her I was going to walk her to 1st period. She was fine with that but on the way to school I told her I wouldn't embarrass her like that. When we got there, I saw other moms walking their kids so I wished I had. Sucks for me, I drove away with a lump in my throat!

I think I will have a bit of the empty nest syndrome. In the 10 years I have been doing childcare, I have always had kids during the day and last year I had a break for a couple hours. This year all my little ones will be in school all day. What shall I do? Well let me tell ya, I am a little overwhelmed with all the projects I have let go over the last few months. I need to make lists of what needs to be done. Does that sound old? Who knows, maybe I can read a book, have coffee with a friend or do some birthday shopping with the gals!

3 comments:

3boysmom said...

Wow! Look how grown up Maggie is! She is such a sweet girl! Can't wait to hear all about Jr. High!

Java Mom said...

She's gonna do great Mom!!! She's outgoing and has a very strong opinion about what's right or wrong.

Have fun Mags!!!

Vicki said...

Wow, Jr High! She looks so cute for her first day. I hope all went well for her!

How great for you having time to yourself!!