Monday, April 03, 2006

Ya'll come back now, ya hear!

Chris and I have known each other for almost 30 years! (Man I'm old)! We used to live next door to each other for about 6 years. One day we "accidently" crashed into each other on our bikes. We have been friends ever since. When I was 11, my parents divorced and we moved from that neighborhood. Chris and I have always been in touch. When I was 15, Chris moved to Texas and I would go spend summers there. Since then,she has moved back to CA, Colorado and now back to Texas so her boys could be closer to their dad. We have always been there for each through thick and thin! Her parents have always joked that she needs to be more like me because I am the more "responsible" one not to mention she is a slob! (sorry Chris)Chris and I are total opposites. But really, I wish I could sometimes be more like her because she is easy going and carefree. She doesn't sweat the small stuff! Love ya Chris!!!

Chris and her friend Kim came for a visit the weekend of March 25th. I have met Kim twice before when I have gone to Texas. What a busy weekend. They got here on Thurs. night. On Friday, we went to visit Chris's grandparents whom she hasn't seen in few years. Her grandmother made us a great lunch and we visited for a couple hours. (Thanks Lila!) On Saturday after Maggie and Olivia's last BB games we (adults) headed to S.F. Kim really wanted to go to Alcatraz but we got there 15 minutes after the last fairy went out and they were sold out until Mon. So all we got was this picture.

We had lunch on Pier 39, walked around and shopped. Ruben was a great sport. He had just gotten home from Mexico the night before and was tired but he drove and was our tour guide. (Thanks mom for watching the girls!!)

This is Kim, she has never been to CA but she loves it! She wants to move here after she publishes her first book!

The city really is a cool place to visit, but I'm always glad when we are across those bridges and on our way home!

This is Chris. She truely is a California girl! She loves the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Unfortunately, it just made me miss you guys even more! Hopefully I can come back soon.....if you can handle it!