Sunday, July 23, 2006

Another day in the life of the Bahama girls!!!

Swimming is almost over!! Yesterday we had our last home meet in the 110 degree weather! Not bad for the kids because they get to be in the water!! Next weekend is the championships that are 2 days and all day. The girls swim every event with about 900-1,000 other kids. It will be a very long and hot weekend. I'm not complaining!! I really do love to watch it but I'm just hoping it is not as hot! Don't think were not taking the camper to run the AC the whole time!!! Why do you think we got it? Just for camping?
After the championships there is the meet of champs which will be the following weekend. All 3 girls have a good possibility of going to this. They take the top 10 swimmers of each age group in each event. Bell has been getting 1st and 2nd's in everything and Maggie and Olivia have been getting 1st-5th's! Maggie has already said she doesn't want to go even if she makes it in the top 10 because she has a soccer tournament with her new team that same weekend. Soccer is still her favorite!Butterfly is my favorite stroke to watch. I guess because it was my favorite stroke when I swam!!
Coach Adrian said all 3 girls are excellent divers even little Bell !! I guess I have Maggie to thank because she has taught both her sisters!!
Last year Maggie and Olivia both loved butterfly but this year Maggie likes backstroke and Olivia breaststroke. I don't know where Olivia got that from because I hate breast!!
Izabell is always so attentive. She is waiting for them to give her the word to get in the water for backstroke. I wish she was that way at home!

3 comments:

3boysmom said...

Look at you girls! Way to go! Swim team seems like alot of hard work and dedication---way to go! Keep it up! Keeping my fingers crossed you make it to Championships!

Java Mom said...

looks like the girls really love it...that's great!!!! Good luck for making it to championships!!

Anonymous said...

You are all HOT! HOT! HOT! Love be able to see you powergirls in action. Mom & Dad, you rock!
Love Aund Vicki