Saturday, July 22, 2006

Soccer Season.....Again!!

Soccer season is upon us! Well I guess the regular soccer season. We really haven't had a break with indoor and the comp league this year but "regular" soccer is starting. Olivia had a EURO soccer camp this week with her team in 100+ weather. We have been doing so much fundraising that it didn't cost us a dime! Here is her team on the last day of camp. They had crazy hair day, a water fight and popsicles!!!Izabell will be starting U8's (but she just turned 6!!). She has a great coach that isn't highly competative. Maggie changed teams and moved up to U14. We were having some coaching conflicts so she resigned from her old team. I hope is not a bad move. I have been having a lot of anxiety about it because she has played with this team for so long. She seems to be ok with it, but only time will tell!! I also resigned from the soccer board as secretary because it was getting way too politcal for me. I just want the kids to have fun, not listen to all the BS that goes along with the league!! I will stay on until November which is actually when the season ends.

2 comments:

Java Mom said...

I'm sure your making the right decision Lisa....sometimes it's just easier to sign the kids up and just show up for games.......Looks like everyone at camp had fun!!!

Did you guys stay in the pool all day today?

3boysmom said...

Again, way to go girls! Good luck to Maggie with her new team! I'm sure she will love it being she loves soccer so much! That's a bummer for the League you are stepping down...but I do understand your reasons!!!