Thursday, July 06, 2006

HAPPY 15TH ANNIVERSARY HONEY!!

I got up this morning and Ruben had went and got me flowers and a white mocha! He knows what I like. He better after 15 years of marriage and 3 years more before that. Wow that makes me sound old. I can't believe it has been that long! We have been together for half of my life!
I met Ruben when I was 15. I was dating his friend Andy at the time. We met for the first time while I was riding my moped around town. Ruben and I quickly became friends and grew very close as friends for 2 years. He used to call me because he no gas money to go see his girlfriend, so I would pick him up and take him. He was like a brother to me. After Andy and I broke up, Ruben and I remained friends. We spent a lot of time together and finally our friendship flourished into something new. At first I wasn't sure but when I wasn't around him, I really missed him. We started dating on July 6, 1988 and were married July 6, 1991. We were both very young and lived at home until marriage so it was very trying for the first few years. He worked full time and I went to college and worked so we saw very little of each other. (maybe a good thing???) Now 15 years later, I would not change a thing. We have been through a great deal but we always lean on each other!!!
I LOVE YOU HONEY AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT 60 YEARS! I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AND EVEN MORE THAN THE DAY I MARRIED YOU!!!

4 comments:

Chef Deb said...

Congratulations to you both!! What a sweet story...

Java Mom said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!! YOU GUYS ARE A VERY CUTE COUPLE!!!

3boysmom said...

WOW!! 15 years! Congratulations! Happy Belated Anniversary!

Vicki said...

That is the cutest story ever! How sweet. Happy Anniversary. Here's to 60 more...