Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'M ALIVE!!!

Well after feeling like I was going to die for a couple of days, I feel like I am on the road to recovery! After doing about 20 loads of laundry and trying to get over this virus I have, I got the stomach flu! Olivia says I have West Nile virus. I still can't kick it, but having the stomach flu on top of it, was horrible! Friday afternoon I think the girls were finally on the mend and I started to feel like crap. Sure enough that night I started praying to the porcelain God! I haven't been that sick since I had salmonella poisoning 2 years ago. Saturday morning I couldn't get out of bed (actually could not walk) because I ached so bad everywhere. Maggie called my mom and arranged for them to pick up Olivia and take her to watch the parade because she was a little wary of riding in the parade because she was so sick the day before. Maggie then walked herself and Izabell downtown to meet their coaches to ride in the parade. She got all 3 of them ready and off they went with their gatorades. What a kid! I think I did something right!!!

After the parade, my mom and Dick took them to the fair all day. I couldn't have asked for better parents! In my sickened stupor, I forgot it was also their anniversary!! Happy late anniversary guys, I love you!!!

Needless to say, Mother's Day and the Mayfair were a flop for me this year. This is the first time in 31 years I have not made it to the fair! I missed HEART in concert too!

Anyhow, I posted a couple of pictures from our camping trip that seemed so long ago. The pictures are not the greatest. Not sure what was up with my camera. I'm still learning how to use it!




Of course Olivia had to be in the front. The
girls were climbing on some old roots.

Gotta have marshmallows!!

This used to be the largest tree in California
until it fell in 1995. OMG I can't believe how
big some of these trees are!!!

This was supposed to be my Happy Cinco De
Mayo picture but I'm a little late at posting it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really do have wonderful parents! Dick and Bobbe rock! I have to say though, you and Ruben aren't doing to bad yourselves. How lucky your girls are to have you guys! Pictures are beautiful, what fun!

Java Mom said...

I'm glad that your back and feeling better. I was not able to comment on your blog earlier for some reason.....I love camping in the big trees!!!

Java Mom said...

Okay if your alive.....where is your updated BLOG!!!????????? LOL

Chef Deb said...

I'm w/Stef on that last comment!!